Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sup Dogs

Yo.
I'm in Troy, but only briefly. I'm leaving for Indiana at some point come morning. It's a six hour drive, and there is some fear (at least in my mind) that I will not be able to make it. I've never been very good with directions, but I figure that I have been a passanger on this trip for nearly 20 years. I figure I should be able to handle it by now. I've done it before by my lonesome, but this is the first time I have tried taking this more direct route. Sadly, this way down to my Grandfolks will not take me past the totally awesome Vietnam Vets commune on 26. At least that's what I think it was...it was pretty wiggy either way.
Grades are starting to come in. Poetry yielded an A-, which I consider a victory considering some of the crap that I have been putting on my Prof. I'm sitting pretty with a B+ in botany, and this I suppose I really can't complain too much about. It was an easy class and I didn't really put a lot of work into the exam portion of the class (my plants are doing quite well though, thank you!). Im still waiting to hear about SciFi and German. I think at least a B will be coming from SciFi, and I am hoping the same for German, but I am a little nervous. Here's to hopin'.
The only interesting thing to report from my train ride to Troy was the arrival of a Bishop. Though I never saw the man, I did see his reception party which came in the form of two late middle-aged ladies with imobile hair and some kind of twead thing going on. One of them was talking about the Singles program available at her church to an older dude who said he hadn't had any religion in his life. It seems funny to me that we have come so far from Bishops arriving in embossed carriages with an entire enclave in their wake. Forget deliverence from divine retribution - our church offers very fulfilling programs for people who ain't got no spoouse.
Is this a bad thing? I'm not sure. Probably not. It's just kind of funny to me, a Bishop arriving by Amtrak. Reminds me of Mohammad arriving (finally) by cab. Or maybe one of them Seguay thingies.
I am traveling computer less and note-book less. The later simply because of forgetfulness. I'll be in contact, just email if you need anything.
See you in Lafayette!

No comments: