Friday, April 28, 2006

Day One In Indiana

I made it here without any problems, thanks to my Dad's directions and the google maps easy to read directions. God bless the internet! I made good time, leaving at around 9:30am or so, and arriving at 2:15pm. Nothing really to report along the way, except a small black pick-up truck with the word "JESUS" in giant red letters on it. It was hard to miss on account of the fact that I was behind him for 40 minutes or so.
Coming here to Indiana is always a treat. My grandfolks welcomed me so warmly, and within minutes I had food in my mouth (and I like food!).
I also spent a few hours talking my Grandpa Eddy, which is something I rarely have the chance to do. It was really a great time.
My cousin and his totally awesome lady-friend Susan swung by. We picked up this other dude Brian and proceeded to consume vast quantities of Dairy Queen. I must admit this was difficult for me, I couldn't down the brownie and nut chunks as fast as the other guys. I guess I am out of shape.
The only downside was loosing Susan's keys in the dark intermural sports fields. We probably spent about an hour looking for them, walking back and forth with heads bent like a line of pentient monks.
No dice on the keys though. We got the spare, and were able to get back. So all's well that ends well.
See, Phil? I did blog it, because I am a dork.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorkiness aside, I get to be the totally awesome lady friend, which always sounds good.
- susie q.

Unknown said...

Sup Susan, HELLO AND WELCOME TO MY WEB SIGHT.

Unknown said...

No kidding? I need names, Jamie! Names!