Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blogging from the Air

So, this is it. I spent a fantastic few days with Garg-alum and former Mason Proper member Matt Thompson and now I am in the air. Thanks to the miracle of WiFi technology, I can write this while our plane shakes over the Rockies.

Many of you are probably wondering why I haven't been updating from the road more, though I imagine that most of you assume it's because I am too busy/lazy. Well, that's only half right. As previously stated, the iPhone app that I've been using to update this blog while on the road has ceased to function. That, combined with a full to the brim schedule of exploring Seattle and hiking around mountains, has prevented me from keeping you as up to date as I would like.

And now, cruising over clouds, I am not even sure what to say about the trip. For all intents and purposes it's over. But it doesn't really feel like it's over because there's so much left undone back in Virginia. Plus, I am flying back, so it feels just like an everyday vacation. The days of camaraderie and the nights of fear in the Utah desert seem distant, like the memories aren't even mine.

Maybe by tomorrow I'll be better sorted to put this all together. I've said farewell to the road, and now I need to write the epitaph for the Assault on America's Senses.

No comments: