Saturday, June 05, 2010

Blurry Photos

Folks, I've really been struggling with a way to post quality material to this blog while I am traveling. I am in no way throwing in the towel on this, but you should be aware that I am posting nearly everything that appears on this blog -- text, photos -- from my iPhone. I've been using an app called "BlogPress," which I've used in the past with some success.

I did not, however, realize exactly how it handled photos. Today, I realized that while it is uploading the images to my Picasa account, it is creating low-res thumbnails with a separate service and hosting them elsewhere.

So from now on, the pictures on the blog are going to be smaller. They will look better, but will probably look weirdly small since they're only 200x200 pixels. They can all be clicked on, however, and your browser will be whisked away to the Picasa website where much nicer looking versions of the images abide.

I'm pretty bummed out about the whole thing, but it's the best solution I have so far. Hopefully, while on the road, I can work out a better way to get things to you, my gentle readers.

That said, I am currently in the basement of my aunt and uncle in New Jersey. More on this to follow, probably posted from my iPhone!

No comments: