Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's Not Really Texas

That's what I was told when Ben picked me up from the bus station. In his own words, it's a hilly, verdent, liberal oasis in the midst of a multi-faceted Texas desert. While I can't speak to that per say, I cab say that I gel much better pulling in to Austin than I did other towns in Texas.

(Truth be told, I was intrigued by Houston, and would like to come back. Plans are already brewing in my mind for a future trip through the mid-northern and southwestern states.)

I've done a pretty bad job of keeping this blog up to date on my trip, but that's been a function of how much fun I am having! I've got back-fill posts started for New Jersey, Atlanta, and I must write about New Orleans, but I can't get bogged down and leave everyone hanging.

New Jersey was great, Atlanta was a blast, and I miss New Orleans already. Also: I took a shortcut through Alabama with my uncle Gary, so I have that to talk about as well. And to think, it's only been a week!

The southern extension of my trip has ended and now I turn Northward again. This is my last night in Austin, and I'll next be in Omaha, NE.

The most important things you need to know at thus: I am staying with Ben, an old friend from Highschool. Austin is a fun town, and we're going to make the best of it. And lat night, we had tacos from a fortuitously named cart:



Ben has been a vibrant pick-me-up from the post vacation depression that was starting to set in after NOLA. The trip is starting to wear on me a bit, but just when it seems bleakest (see: on busses) America offers me something to keep going. Whether it's great tacos or a church with a URL in it's name, it keeps me going.

Now: to shower.

Location:Northcross Dr,Austin,United States

No comments: