Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oww

This morning I awoke rather happily (despite having a dog on my face). I went to bed before midnight and woke around 9am, so the term "well-rested" applied. However, my dreams of a energetic and productive day were quickly dashed as I attempted to move my head.

After several minutes of painful probing, I confirmed that my neck was not just stiff. During the night, I somehow managed to pull a muscle in my neck. I can turn my head all the way to the right, but not much past 45ยบ to the left. Touching my chin to my chest isn't a problem, but looking up is a bit of a trick.

As you can imagine, getting Tenzing "OH BOY THE WORLD IS EXCITING" Dog to the park was a bit of a trick.

Unfortunately, I've had to scrap my plans to go downtown today. Claire and I had planned to see an exhibit on the art of Pompeii, but that'll have to wait until later. Prayerfully I will quickly be healed. The last time this happened it was because of excessive hole-digging and wheel barrowing. It took three weeks to be right again.
---

Yesterday, I realized that my work computer has two monitor ports. On a whim, I plugged in the old monitor that's been hanging around my office for over a month. To my surprise the computer was able to handle two monitors! Within a lunch break, I had everything set up and was dual-monitoring my way to victory.

For those who've never experienced the joy of two monitors, the second screen acts as an extension of your desktop. Usually, I'd put my media player, or mail client on the second monitor while focusing on the main screen. It's especially hand when you're doing research: you can leave your source on the second screen and type on the main screen.

Anyway, it makes me happy to have this set up. Totally made my Friday.
---

Django is playing in the apartment right now.

No comments: