Thursday, January 15, 2009

Barb and Gary on NPR

Barb and Gary Ratner, my dear aunt and uncle, appeared in a recent story on NPR about the wide-spread effects of the economic collapse.

Listen to it here.

Maybe I am just being protective of my family, but I am a little miffed about the rather unsympathetic tone of the comments. Personally, I don't think it matters how much money you have; anytime the situation is such that you need to eat the money you've set aside, rich or poor, it's unfortunate.
---

Regardless of what the Internet thinks, my aunt and uncle (and their dog) are smart, loving people in a tough spot. Both of them have had a tremendous influence on my life -- instilling a love of Douglas Adams, river freighters, the Prisoner, Pogo, and the Detroit Tigers among other things. They're good folks, and I sincerely hope they have a change of fortunes.
---

Need a painting? Call my aunt!
---

Also, Patrick McGoohan, creator and star of The Prisoner, died the other day. Ricardo Montalbán, too.

No comments: