Saturday, January 17, 2009

Inauguration and Packages (non-stimilus)

For those unawares, I'm going to the inauguration on Tuesday. Claire's dad is coming in and staying with us for a few days, so we figured we'd give it a shot and try to get down to The Mall.

It will be cold, it will be crowded. But I'm probably never going to have another chance to see a presidential inaugural, let alone one I care about.

Pictures to follow. Tweeting will likely be limited on the day of, due to the huge bandwidth draw of so many people.
---

The USPS lost some serious business today, since they closed at 1pm on Saturday. Who does anything before one on Satuday? Nobody, that's who. I'll bet you $50 that the post office didn't even bother opening today, since no one would show up anyway. Jerks.

As a result, the UPS store down the street got a lot of business out of me today.

IF YOU LIVE IN THE FOLLOWING CITIES, YOU'RE RECEIVING A PACKAGE FROM ME
LONGMONT
CORVALIS
ANN ARBOR

---

Have you ever wondered what Archaeologists think of tv and movies vaguely related to archaeology? WELL, NOW YOU CAN FIND OUT! (Hint: They tend not to like them.)

If I ever need this, I can just show the movie Troy to Claire again. Hilarity ensues.
---

The Greek Orthodox Church has a wiki. That's kinda cool, actually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I just say that I am pleased when you blog on a regular basis, I always enjoy seeing what you have to say