Thursday, August 28, 2008

One Down...

For Better Or For Worse is ending.

Now for Marmaduke, Garfield, Cathy...

---

Maybe it's the fact that the Funny Pages of the Newspapers have an all-ages audience that they are so dreadfully bland, but the Sunday Comics have been a desolate place for a while now.

Pearls Before Swine and Non-Sequiter are the only two genuinely funny strips I can think of off the top of my head. Doonesburry doesn't count, because the Detroit Free Press moved it to the Op-Ed section.

---

It's been cool for three days and rainy for two. Is fall almost here? I'd like that a lot.

---

Am I trying to make a new record for the most posts in a month? I don't know, am I?

1 comment:

Krishva said...

The main audience for newspaper comics is old grannies. How else do you explain the Family Circus?