Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Move Along

I had a great long weekend. You see, last week I put in 80hrs by Thursday so I took Friday off. I felt totally recharged, which was excellent since I went north to Michigan to see my brother and sister perform in their middle school play.

Y'all missed out, that's all I can say. These kids put on a hell of a show; I left very impressed. Made me wish I had the nerve to do such things.

Grandma and Uncle Mike also made surprise appearances, and we all learned the true meaning of Facebook!

Thankfully, I also had enough time to just hang around and I enjoy myself. And interview dad. I'm hoping I can cut it together to be something worthwhile, but there's some technical difficulties. Best laid plans and all that.

If you're keeping score at home, this week has been pretty rotten for me. I've had some foul ups at home that kept me from getting the work done that I wanted to. Nothing earth shattering, but when work doesn't go as you plan it's just frustrating. Thankfully, I think the Weapon System Handbook will be off my plate pretty soon. It's been interesting, but I'd like to get some closure.

Anyway, not too much going. Nothing interesting, at least. Here's some stuff that's far more entertaining.

---
I cannot embed the video, but The Mysterious Stranger is absolutely fantastic. You must watch it -- this is not optional.

---
Behold, the History of the Internet! You've always wondered, haven't you?


---
I remember seeing part of an episode of Twin Peaks when I was child, and being terrified by it. But after hearing so much about it, how offbeat, weird, and influential it was, I simply had to see it. In my Sophomore year of college, Justin and I watched most (if not all) of the series, and were completely blown away.

I remember saying, "Why can't TV be like this all the time!?"

Anyway, it's all available for free now. So you have no excuse but to watch it. That and The Prisoner. You gotta watch 'em both!

---
Best name you'll read today? Probably Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenberdorft Sr. He's a leap year baby!

---
I you like terrifying snow globes, then have I got something for you!



Someone should buy me one of these for my office. Or maybe buy me all of them.

---
Oh, hey. I forgot, but last night I got caught up on all my emails yesterday. That seems stupid but for me it's a big deal.

Ok, move along now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must watch "The Wire", HBO reruns or dvd.