Monday, September 08, 2008

Why Isn't There A Song Called, "Tropical Depression?"

That storm was lame. I have sat through much more intense and frightening storms in Michigan. Sure, none of them lasted for over six hours, but still...!

---

We gave Tenzing a bath yesterday. He was not upset, but clearly was only tolerating the situation. New pictures now on Picasa.

---

Big news of the day is that I have an interview for an internship with the NFPRHA on Thursday. I am very excited. I want this job.

---

Preposterous Song Lyrics #1: Ride My Llama, by Neil Young.
I met a man from mars
He picked up all my gui-tars
And played me a traveling song
This is ridiculous on many levels, but most importantly the song flagrantly ignores several facts about Neil Young's guitars. In 1979, when the song was released on the album "Rust Never Sleeps," Neil Young owned well over 10,000 guitars. Furthermore, it is well known that most of Neil Young's guitars are so massive that only Neil Young himself is strong enough to string and play them.

---

Someone should make a band called "Inverted Smokestacks."

1 comment:

Julie said...

i will be rooting for you with the job...what a great thing to do with yourself!

i have been in lots of interviews and also been on lots of interviewing committees, if you want any advice!