Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cover the Earth

When I was a child, I spotted the Sherwin Williams logo through the window of a home furnishings store. I saw it all the time, whenever I was driven up Woodward -- up by the Shrine of the Little Flower.

Immediately, I was convinced that it was the logo for an organization devoted to evil, world domination, and global genocide. Not unlike James Bond's SPECTRE or Maxwell Smart's KAOS.

I believed this because, to me, the logo appeared to depict the earth being drowned in blood. Later, I revised my opinion. I decided that the logo showed Sherman Williams covering the world in some kind of poisonous chemical.

Despite the wisdom that comes with age, I still find the idea of a world awash in Sherwin Williams brand red paint with the statement "COVER THE EARTH" no less insidious.

2AED27AB-B76B-4203-A6D5-F46009171CEF.jpg

No comments: