Monday, March 10, 2008

Remember the Point

And the point is to remind the readers that you are alive.

Yes, I am still here (alive and kicking). Spring break ended as all good things must, and I have been in the bosom of Ann Arbor since the beginning of March.

The monday I returned, I started a new mini-course taught by the cartoon editor of the New Yorker Mr. Robert Mankoff. A very interesting man, whose views on the analytics of humor match my own. Actually, that gives me far too much credit. It's a very interesting course, and I'm really enjoying it.

The Gargoyle has entered it's final production phase. We pint on Friday, and will be on the racks come the following Tuesday. That's not a lot of time, and the final form of the mag is not solid yet. But, I am certain we have enough to fill it. Which is good.

Write No Evil is dead, long live The 57th Street Company.

This past weekend I completed the UM Book Publishing Weekend Workshop, lead by Esther Margolis (of Newmarket Press) and Kay Radtke (I might have misspelled that name). It was a fascinating, and arduous, experience but it really did give me insight into the book publishing world.
Why'd I do it? Because I think it might be something I want to do for a living.

There's a Student Pub Board meeting tonight. Usually I enjoy these, since it gives me a chance to relax, have an excuse to do no homework that night, act important and most importantly: get fed. I'm worried because this comes during layout week, but I think we'll be okay.

Oh, and I am attending graduation. At least, I assume I am graduating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should have poles.