Thursday, May 03, 2007

Massive Michigan (word for trip beginning with "M")

Im back in Troy, at the Eddy Team Base, preparing for the single longest car trip I have ever endured.

Such a thing is, by definition, unprecedented.

The story begins many years ago in High School where I met a kid named Nate, in band class. He played sax in the campus band and I played clarinet, but somehow we met up. Fate? Naw. Its like sifting river gravel, which makes all the sediments of like mass move to the same area - drawing all the emeralds together. Did you like that? Did you see what I did there? Its a metaphor, describing how I feel about my serendipitous meeting with a dude who has continued to be a very close friend and creating a comparison between my homies and precious gems.

Anyway, we went on to have many misadventures through our highschool days, and since our graduation he's been making his home in the great white north, at Michigan Tech. Tomorrow morning, I will rise and get into my car. I'll turn on the newly installed stereo deck and rock out hardcore for 9.75 hours until I reach his pad.

I just checked, and I don't think there's any deeper metaphorical edge to this trip. Although I guess I won't really know until I get back.

See: map of amazing trip.

See Also:
Pictures of me and Claire at the Zoo!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've been to Michigan Tech. My friend patience did her masters there. Its gorgeous, but snowy. My car got stuck in a snow drift and some stranger had to help me out. They are nice people up there.

Have a great trip! Hopefully you don't have to deal with snow.

Anonymous said...

but not the longest single car trip you have ever endured.... you went by car to Georgia with Sally and Chris in a Spring of your youth