Monday, August 07, 2006

I Have Returned!

Ladies, gentle-man, I have returned from my majestic Sojourn to Chicago!
Nathan, Chelsea, Hyatt and I had some truly amazing adventures out at Lollapalooza much of which will be shared with you all out there on the Ether. My plan on the best way to impart it all is in a 4-Part retrospective entitled "Making Enemies On The Train : A Lollapalooza Retrospetive." I feel it gets the point across.

Tonight, to wet your appetite for things to come, I will simply list all the acts that I saw perform this past weekend. These are the acts that I actually went to see, in reality I saw a great many more in passing. Also, several of these bands are utter musical attrocities (and therefore Hilarious). You'll have to wait to find out who was good, and who wasn't.

FRIDAY - AUG 4
1. Ghostland Observatory
2. Cameron McGill and What Army
3. eels
4. Lady Sovereign
5. Iron and Wine
6. The Raconteurs
7. Ween

SATURDAY - AUG 5
1. Cold War Kids
2. Lanz
3. Wolfmother
4. Particle
5. Sonic Youth
6. The Flaming Lips

SUNDAY - AUG 6
1. Catfish Haven
2. The Hold Steady
3. Nickel Creek
4. Reverend Horton Heat
5. Wilco
6. Read Hot Chili Peppers

Stay tuned, kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the rundown. The NYT said there was more mention of G*d than there than is usual at a rock concert.

How did you get to the concert site each day? Train?

Unknown said...

All will be revealed, in good time!
However, I will say that I missed Matisyahu, a great disapointment I must say. It was a very crowded day on Sunday, and it just did not happen. I will, however, begin to explore his albums.