Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Haven't Missed The Flu

Hello, Max-fans!

Once again, I find myself apologizing for my lack of appearances as of late. I assure you that I still love you, each and every one of you.
The past few weeks have been very busy, as the last month of the school year often is. I have been assigned six papers in four classes (two of which are now complete!), and also took a quick trip to Indiana along the way.

But the big news is, of course, how sick I have been as of late. On wednesday night I came down with something, though I wasn't sure what. After valiantly going to class Thursday morning, it was clear that the flu was here to stay. I was barely aware that Friday was happening, and subsequently did not get to class. As of today, I am doing much better. I have a few extensions and the papers are getting written (sort of).
For anyone interested my highest temperature was 102.4ยบ. I also had an embarrassing dream involving a hobo and another dream in which my friend Cathy was given a love note via guitar. That is to say, that in my dream a man named "Johann" walked up to Cathy with a guitar, a hand came out of said guitar and delivered said note.

But the real story is that my girlfriend is awesome. Claire came by frequently to feed me, take my temperature and keep my company. She braved the flu and the cold weather to make sure I didn't expire quietly in my room, unbeknownst to anyone. And today, she made me cookies.

AWESOME.

A special thanks to everyone who called, emailed, and otherwise wished me well during my illness. Especially Justin, who drove me to the clinic after having stayed awake for the better part of two days.
And also an apology to many of you (especially my staff, my parents and my good friend Kris). Because of being sick I wasn't able to meet/hang/bond with you.
Im better now, so lets fix that.

Alright, back to the grind.

PS.
I am totally enamored with some of these google tools. EXPECT SOME AWESOME AND TOTALLY USELESS ADDITIONS TO THE BLOG IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE.

PPS.
I have no leads for employment this summer. HELP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.ci.ann-arbor.mi.us/CityAdministration/HumanResources/temp.html
or
http://www.umich.edu/~hraa/temps/beone.html
or
http://www.studentemployment.umich.edu/JobX_Home.aspx