Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Water Damage - OH NO!

I got pretty freaked when I found some of my books wet today. They had been in the shelf, under the plants, next to the window, so I guess it was only a matter of time. No serious damage seems to have occurred, though some ink did run on a very handsome drawing and I am pretty bummed about that.
The problem is solved now, I moved everything to other shelves. But the balance of my room is all whacked now - I think the Chi in here is messed up royal now. I better suspend a red plant, facing east, in the north corner of my room's root chakra.

Classes are finally settling in, thought it might just be the post-midterm lull. I am hoping this is not the case, but I am open to the possibility. The magazine is what has really got me bummed right now. I am workin' pretty hard on it, but I am not sure that I will be able to make the deadline I had planned on. Changes may have to be made. I've also lost the support of some people within the Gargoyle - had some quittages. This is troubling not just for deadlines, but I am starting to worry about the WORKING DYNAMIC within the magazine itself. Again, changes may have to be made.

But it's not all doom and gloom. Today was the first day in a long time when I felt like I was really on top of things. Furthermore, I seem to have done pretty well in my classes so far. Here's the lineup:

Eng 305 - Intro to Modern English: Test Monday. Felt pretty good about it.
Eng 223 - Creative Writing: No exam. Poetry portfolio turned in last Wednesday.
Eng 383 - Jewish Literature: Paper last week, felt OK about it. Exam Nov. 8
Hist 318 - Euro History 1870-1945: Test and Paper over the past few weeks. Felt OK.
ACABS 393 - Zoroastrianism: Good grades on both quizzes.

Hopefully this trend will improve.
I also made spaghetti last night.
And I am involved with a very nice girl named Claire.

Yeah, things are pretty good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to post a picture of you and Claire so we know she is not a figment of your imagination

Unknown said...

Would a picture really disprove that? I've become very proficient with PhotoShop!

Mylz said...

The thing is, I happen to know he does NOT have Mac Photoshop. I could be wrong though. And I think we can trust max. Updates coming soon on teh miles blog of doom!

Unknown said...

Not so, little dude! I have had photoshop for nearly three years now!

Anonymous said...

Well, in that case, I, too, have Photoshop so maybe I will post a picture of you and whoever I chose to be Claire.

Unknown said...

Im making this a contest!