Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Monitor Update and Games

I went down the Gargoyle office with the hopes of hooking up my new monitor there but alas! the computers we have are too new!
In other bad news, I have been blocked by the University from having the Garg-Cart on the Diag. This is particularly unfortunate because the Gargoyle is a pretty weighty publication. We'll struggle onward. We're also having trouble getting our CandySale program (aka. Project "CashCow") off the ground. Again, due to pesky permits.

However, there has been some good news! Tomorrow I travel to Indiana for much merriment with Mike, Phil and Susan. Also, I have been able to pull far enough ahead in my homework to take 30min to myself and read Allen Ginsberg's 'Howl.' It's pretty awesome, I must say.

But, like the title says, I have been looking at Video Games again. Nanostray looks like a fun little number. A reworking on your classic 2D space shooter, which has been a favorite genre of mine.
Also interesting looking is Final Fantasy : Reverant Wings. This will be the first original FF title to come to the DS, and will be based around aerial combat! Man, that sounds interesting. You know me, Al. I have a thing for airships.

Phil, Mike, Susan - See you tomorrow. You too, Jeff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If fundraising is your game, you need to talk to Mary. She is full of ideas and has been spearheading raising money to buy Hogpen, a chunk of land in NJ with a Rev. War past. It's also a key part of the watershed in her area. Fundraising to buy something called Hogpen has natural advantages, of course. Pig-theming is endlessly fun and easy.

Maybe you need to sell Gargle-Blasters.

Auction off Kris's drawings.

Sell a date with the gargoyle Gorilla.

What'll you do in Lafayette? Hang out?