Friday, June 16, 2006

June - August 2006 : THE SUMMER OF MAX

You may wish to consider this the MAX TRAVEL POST, since that is what these little paragraphs will be concerning themselves with.

In the immediate sense, I am going to be heading back to Troy for the weekend. I just don't know what part of the weekend. Either Sat/Sun or just Sunday for Father's Day. I love you dad!
I am also toying with the idea of driving to Chicago on Saturday (tomorrow) to see Keith and try to catch the Black Keys at the Taste of Randolph Street celebration. It's not a very realistic idea, though.
At some point between the 30th of June and the 4th of July, I will be in Atlanta visiting my aunt Barbara and my uncle Gary. This trip has nothing to do with WHALE SHARKS. No really, nothing at all.
Ok, maybe just a bit. (I will post pictures)
The rest of July will be pretty low key. I'll be in Ann Arbor most of the time, trying to get some work done for the Gargoyle's first printing of the new school year in late august.
August will be THE month, as far as being busy is concerned. As I have said before, I am going to Lollapalooza. Right now, the plan is to leave sometime in the evening of the third, and come back sometime on the sixth/seventh. Still not 100% on this, because Lolla has yet to post it's actual schedule, so that is kind of throwing things a bit. That will be a real blast, I am sure.
On the 12th of August, I will be returning to my position as a marching band instructor for the Troy Schools. As you recall I marched three years in that band, and was asked last year to come back and teach. This year I am reprising the role, perhaps for the last time, and will hopefully will have as good a time as I did last year. I'll be coming back on the 18th, and doing any last-minute move out things to my apartment on the 19th.
In the far-far future, I will be homeless from August 20th until the beginning of September. Considering that besides the concerns of housing, I will also be liberated from the constraints of employment (eg. I am quitting) so what am I to do? The logical thing would be to stay at home and focus on the important things. Like cars, finances, oil mines, gold wells, shipping and real-estate. The dumb thing would be to do a road-trip. Guess which I want to try to do! (hint: it is the one that requires the least amount of RESPONSIBILITY)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, I'm bored take me with, been working my ass off for the past couple weeks have until monday before I started with crap again.

-That guy you know that has brown hair.

Mylz said...

this is a very long post. its my job to point out the obvious in this complicated world

Unknown said...

Please reference the titular post, "This is a very, very long post."