Tuesday, August 07, 2007

He's dead, isn't he?

Startlingly enough, no! He's not dead!

As this post to the blog plainly shows, I am alive and well - imagine, friends, that I am smiling and holding up a copy of a newspaper which, while indicating the date in large letters, reads 'Dewey Beats Truman.'

A quick re-cap of where I have been: Since my last post, I have been desperately seeking a place to call my own for the ten days of loneliness I must endure before my new lease kicks in. I have found such a place in the form of a couch (more on this, as it develops). Also of great concern was the question of where to store my precious, precious possessions. As you can see, 70% of this problem has been solved and I am now the proud owner of a Storage Unit.

I used to see signs for these places and wondered how sad it must be that there are people in the world that have so much that they need to rent space specifically to keep it all in. More proof for the theory that as you age, you become what you hate. Or what you ate. Or something.

These two conundrums, coupled with my frantic work schedule, general malaise and a visit from dear cousin Phil have left me very busy indeed.

Also, I will mention briefly that the Gargoyle has also been pretty active this summer. Not as active as I had hoped, but thats mostly my own fault. I can, however, tip you all off that the Daily business staff will likely soon be selling ads for the Gargoyle in a co-operative effort between the two entities. Its a very exciting time - so much so, that I need to use the bathroom.

But the big news this week is, of course, my birthday! We are now in the closing days of the two-week long celebration of life in my honor. If you have yet to send tribute - monetary or in the form of livestock/wife - you may do so through the appropriate channels.

The other piece of catastrophically huge news is that I am leaving for Iceland on Thursday (8/9/07)! Iceland: Land of vikings, sheep, Bjork and Knitted goods of the highest quality! Claire and myself will be taking our leave very shortly.
We'll be returning to Michigan on the 21st, but not before saying our Hello's! to Ba-ba and Mare in NY.

Watch this space for Iceland related updates, as often as possible. There will, at the very least, be one big one at the end of it all.

Its been a hectic month, and I'll be glad to see the other side of it.

Tonight, I visited a liquor store and purchased several items that were previously unavailable to me. Namely Strongbow and Arrogant Bastard Ale. Though I am thrilled that despite having been draft-worthy for 3 years, the US Government has finally deemed me responsible enough to look after my own destruction, I am not so thrilled that I have yet to be carded! This is the second time that I have purchased alcohol since August 6th and not a single person has asked to see ID! What's the point?!

In closing, I will leave you with this:

When the guy who owns the comic book store recognizes you at the liquor store and tells you the outcome of the Comic Book vs. Bar kickball tournament, you may be purchasing too many comic books.

(Please note: this is an untrue statement)

1 comment:

cwgillikin said...

I was beginning to think that perhaps Atomsk had finally bit it, if not you. Should have sent you a birthday greeting, but I guess you'll just have to consider this it -- happy birthday!

livestock/wife = sheep ???